From PortlyDyke at Shakesville:
But I am truly sick of hearing about how we don’t need health-care reform from any and all of the following people and groups of people:
- Insurance Companies and Their Paid Representatives, including “Grass-roots” Organizations That Are Funded by Insurance Lobbyists and PR Firms
- Congressional members and political figures who are covered by one of the best health benefit plans in the country (or their spouses, who often remain covered even after divorce).
- Any of the more than 96 million people who are covered by a public health plan such as Medicare or Medicaid, or the nearly 8 million people covered by VA health care.
- Anyone who receives health care coverage from their employer, but who has no idea what that would cost them out of pocket if they for paid that coverage privately.
- Dick. Fucking. Armey. — who is currently suing the government to try to get out of medicare without losing his Social Security — because he wants to keep the benefits he had as a member of Congress.
Will somebody please get some End-Of-Life counseling for the G.O.P. already!?!?!?!
I think I’m laughing so hard I’m crying. Or just crying. THANK YOU for someone out there calling out the hypocrisy of all the over-insured wanting to deny insurance to everyone else. I just don’t get it and my brain. just. might. EXPLODE! if I have to listen to one more of my newly republican friends [which, really. WTF. we aren’t even in our 40s. we shouldn’t be becoming GOP clones *quite* yet.] talk about “socialized medicine” and how it means we are becoming like Sweden and soon will pay over 50% of our income into taxes.